With the server
HFactory Server is the REST/HTTP server of the HFactory framework. It serves requests using HFactory apps loaded from its app store.
To install and setup HFactory Server, proceed as follows:
- Download the HFactory Server archive.
- Install the server by unzipping the HFactory Server archive in the
/usr/localdirectory or one of your choosing and modify the server’s configuration file accordingly (in particular, the app store path and the license path).
- Choose the HBase configuration file to use by setting
hserver.hbase.conf, and make it to point to your HBase instance. Base platform-specific configurations are provided in the HFactory Server archive:
hbase-site.propertiesfor Cloudera or Apache;
hbase-site.properties.bigtablefor Google Bigtable.
- Use the free license embarked in the image or request an enterprise license from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For an enterprise license, copy the license file to the location indicated by setting
Troubleshooting: If the server fails to start because Java is not found, set environment variable JAVA_HOME to the location of the Java runtime before starting the server.