Our commitment to Data Privacy
What personal information do we process?
The personal data that we collect and process as part of the Application is as follow:
Mandatory registration information. To register a user account with the application, you are required to provide an email address.
Personal data provided by activity organisers within an organisation’s account. Such information may include your email, name as well as the organisation / school and academic program / business unit you belong to.
Registration information. For certain activities you may be asked by the organisers to provide certain information about your background or experience as part of the registration process. This information will only be visible to the organisers of the activity and administrators of the organisation’s account.
Profile information. To improve your experience on the Application and make your profile attractive to groups as part of an activity, you have the option to fill in profile information including your date of birth, gender, name(s), title, links to social media accounts, photo, country, education, technical competencies, professional interests and soft skills. This information will be visible as your profile card to other members of HFactory activities you participate in.
Billing Information. When you sign up for paid services, we will also collect, as necessary, your billing information and billing address.
Uploads and exchanges within the Application. We collect data from your message and other social exchanges within the Application, as well as from any information or deliverables (e.g., documents, presentations, audio/video files, models...) you choose to upload or share through the Application.
Application interactions. We automatically collect information such as device data (device name, operating system and model), log data (IP address, geo-location, browser type, operating system, web page, use of functionalities on pages, time spent on pages, search terms, clicked links, other statistics) and session data (session replay).
Technical exchanges. Any information you provide to us when you contact us for support.
How is this information used?
HFactory is not in the business of selling Personal Data to third parties. We use Personal Data primarily to provide and improve our services and the HFactory Application, as well as for administrative purposes and to market our products and services, as described below.
Provide our services:
- Managing your information and account;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Application;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Application;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
- Personalizing and customizing your experience as part of our provision of the Application;
- Conducting data and system analytics, including research to improve the Application;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods;
- Communicating with you about your account and policy changes.
- Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities;
- Enforcing our agreements and policies and complying with our legal obligations.
Marketing our products and services:
- Promoting use of our services to you and sharing promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
How long do we retain personal information?
HFactory will retain the Personal Data we collect as described in this Policy for as long as you use our Application or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to retain your personal data, we will delete it as soon as it is technically possible.
Where do we store your personal information?
The Personal Data we process is stored by our hosting provider OVHcloud on servers located within the European Union (in France). As a result, it is out of reach of any non-EU legislation.
Which third-party services is HFactory using?
In connection with the use of the Application, we may disclose your personal data to third-party service providers (the "Subprocessors"). When we do so, we make sure to work only with companies that safeguard and protect your personal data and comply with the Applicable Law in the same way that we do.
- OVHcloud: Used to host our infrastructure and the Application.
- Auth0: Used to authenticate users on the Application
- LogRocket & Sentry: Used to track, locate and fix any bugs or errors you may encounter while using the Application
- Stream: Used to deliver chat and video conferencing services within the Application
- OpenAI: The AI prompt feature is made possible by using OpenAI’s API. Think of an API as a gateway to access the virtual assistant. That API will process and transfer data to OpenAI (including personal data which you might include in your prompts) to help you then generate or edit content. Such data however is not used by OpenAI to further train or improve their models.
How to contact us?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to access, rectify, export and erase your data, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your data including:
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your data for direct marketing purposes by using the "Unsubscribe" link in all our marketing communications;
- Object to our processing of your data as a part of our legitimate interests or those of a third party by requesting us to delete your account at any time.
For such requests or if you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.